Picture Credit: Mashable
A solution to upload photos from a desktop computer to Instagram is Gramblr, a free program that allows you to plug in your Instagram account info and start uploading pictures immediately. You must have an Instagram account to upload photos using Gramblr. Your photos must be edited beforehand to Gramblr’s size requirement of 650 px by 650 px. You can then add a description and tags to the image. After Gramblr uploads your photo, it provides you with links to share the images. Gramblr is a simple working solution if you don’t mind editing your photo size beforehand or skipping out on Instagram’s filter options.
Here are the steps to download and install Gramblr to start uploading photos to Instagram from your desktop computer:
1. Download and Install Gramblr here: http://gramblr.com/uploader/
Gramblr currently supports Windows (XP, Vista, 7,8) and Mac OSX.
2. To start uploading photos, your photos must be saved as “.jpg” files and edited beforehand to Gramblr’s photo size requirement of 650 px by 650 px.
3. Sign in to Instagram using your Instagram account information.
4. Choose the photo you would like to upload and hit “Upload”.
5. Add a caption to the photo and click “Save Caption”.
7. Gramblr will provide links to share your uploaded photo via Direct Link, Web Link, HTML Code, Forum BBC Code, and the ability to share your photo on Facebook and Twitter.
Update 8/26/13: Instagram is now blocking photos uploaded from third-party apps, therefore the method below no longer works.
Do you want your business in on all the Instagram action but can’t because you don’t have an Android or iOS phone?
Do you wish you could upload other photos to your Instagram account besides ones taken with your phone? Instagram is a great opportunity to get your brand name out there in an exciting visual way and there is a group of users who are working around Instagram’s limited app environment to upload photos. So how do they do it? There are currently a couple of ways – but we’ve found Bluestacks to be the easiest to upload photos straight from your desktop!
Bluestacks is a free program, currently in beta, that offers the unique experience of running Android apps on your Windows or Mac desktop. It also gives you access to the complete Instagram app so you can upload photos in any size, use filters, comment, browse photos and access your account settings exactly as you would from the app on a phone.
Here are the simple steps to start uploading photos to Instagram directly from your desktop!
2. Once installed, click the search button (magnifying glass) in the upper-right corner of the program. Search for Instagram and install the app.
3. Instagram will now appear on your BlueStacks dashboard. Log in to your Instagram account (or create a new account).
4. In your Instagram profile, go to Options and then “Camera Settings” and uncheck “Use Instagram’s Advanced Camera”.
5. You can also go to “Share Settings” and connect your social media accounts. (For example: if you want your pictures to go to your Facebook Fan Page)
6. Now go back to the BlueStacks dashboard by clicking the Home button at the bottom of the screen. Search for “File Expert” and install the app. Open the File Expert app and have it running in the background.
7. You will then place photos you want to upload to Instagram in the My Pictures folder on your desktop computer. Create a new folder inside My Pictures where you want to keep your photos to be uploaded to Instagram. (ex: title it “Instagram Photos”)
8. Now re-open Instagram in Bluestacks and you are ready to upload photos!
9. Upload a photo by choosing Source: “Photo Gallery”. It will then ask again to pick a Source and choose “File Expert”.
10. File Expert will then open. Click the tab “Folders”. If you don’t see this tab, add it by clicking the Plus button in the upper right corner.
11. Under the tab “Folders” choose SD Card > bstfolder > Pictures. Now you should see the folder you created “Instagram Photos”.
12. Click your folder and choose the photo you want to upload. Add filters, descriptions, tags and post!
You can add more photos to your “Instagram Photos” folder and then just repeat steps 8-12 to continue uploading photos to Instagram!
Here is a helpful link for BlueStacks updates: BlueStacks Help Forum https://getsatisfaction.com/bstk/topics