Picture Credit: Mashable
Latergramme markets itself as an app with several functions designed to complement Instagram. Latergramme allows users to schedule Instagram posts from the web or from the mobile app. However, due to Instagram’s strict rules regarding posting from third party apps, Latergramme cannot actually post directly to Instagram. Instead, users prep content within the app on the website and schedule a push notification which directs the user to the Instagram app where the content is ready to upload.
Latergramme also allows users to manage posts for multiple Instagram accounts, however managing and posting from different accounts is cumbersome. Users must log into and out of the Instagram accounts before posting using the push notification or Latergramme will post to the account currently logged into Instagram. If you aren’t careful, Latergramme will post content meant for a different account to the account currently in use.
With Latergramme, users can collaborate with other users, search Instagram for posts to regram and upload content from a desktop directly to Instagram.
Latergram is free–for a certain number of posts each month. If users want unlimited posting, they must pay a subscription fee.
In Instagram’s continued quest to remain an exclusively mobile app, they are now penalizing users of third-party apps, such as Gramblr. Gramblr still works great for posting pre-edited photos, but with a catch. Instagram is now disabling hashtags on accounts that have used Gramblr in the past, sometimes even for just one photo. Simply put, if you use Gramblr, your photos will no longer be searchable by hashtag. So, who should continue to use Gramblr?
Businesses and individuals who wish to accumulate followers should stick to posting strictly from the sanctioned instagram app.
Individuals who use Instagram for connecting mostly with offline friends and don’t care about being searchable by hashtag should feel free to continue using Gramblr. Gramblr is especially useful if you don’t currently have access to a smartphone. So whether your phone was lost, stolen, or you simply prefer to stick with a feature phone, Gramblr allows you to post away.
Latergram might just be the next big thing in social media management. The app, which bills itself as the way to “schedule and manage your Instagram posts” promises to do just that and more.
If you’ve been looking for a way to manage Instagram similar to the way you manage Facebook and Twitter on Hootsuite, Latergram is the answer.
Created at AngelHack Vancouver, the app is currently available as a Public Beta version in Canada. Private Beta is available in several countries, including the US and UK. You can apply for Private Beta here. All Beta versions are on iOS.
Latergram allows you to schedule instagram photos from your computer or phone. The photo then gets pushed to your phone at your desired time, where one click allows you to post directly from Instagram.
Simply put, the app takes the “Insta” out of Instagram. Latergram allows you to create a true Instagram strategy for your company without worrying about Instagram’s penalties for posting directly from third party apps.
Have another alternative? We’d love to hear from you! Let us know in the comment section below.
Update 8/26/13: Instagram is now blocking photos uploaded from third-party apps, therefore the method below no longer works.
A solution to upload photos from a desktop computer to Instagram is Gramblr, a free program that allows you to plug in your Instagram account info and start uploading pictures immediately. You must have an Instagram account to upload photos using Gramblr. Your photos must be edited beforehand to Gramblr’s size requirement of 650 px by 650 px. You can then add a description and tags to the image. After Gramblr uploads your photo, it provides you with links to share the images. Gramblr is a simple working solution if you don’t mind editing your photo size beforehand or skipping out on Instagram’s filter options.
Here are the steps to download and install Gramblr to start uploading photos to Instagram from your desktop computer:
1. Download and Install Gramblr here: http://gramblr.com/uploader/
Gramblr currently supports Windows (XP, Vista, 7,8) and Mac OSX.
2. To start uploading photos, your photos must be saved as “.jpg” files and edited beforehand to Gramblr’s photo size requirement of 650 px by 650 px.
3. Sign in to Instagram using your Instagram account information.
4. Choose the photo you would like to upload and hit “Upload”.
5. Add a caption to the photo and click “Save Caption”.
7. Gramblr will provide links to share your uploaded photo via Direct Link, Web Link, HTML Code, Forum BBC Code, and the ability to share your photo on Facebook and Twitter.
Do you want your business in on all the Instagram action but can’t because you don’t have an Android or iOS phone?
Do you wish you could upload other photos to your Instagram account besides ones taken with your phone? Instagram is a great opportunity to get your brand name out there in an exciting visual way and there is a group of users who are working around Instagram’s limited app environment to upload photos. So how do they do it? There are currently a couple of ways – but we’ve found Bluestacks to be the easiest to upload photos straight from your desktop!
Bluestacks is a free program, currently in beta, that offers the unique experience of running Android apps on your Windows or Mac desktop. It also gives you access to the complete Instagram app so you can upload photos in any size, use filters, comment, browse photos and access your account settings exactly as you would from the app on a phone.
Here are the simple steps to start uploading photos to Instagram directly from your desktop!
2. Once installed, click the search button (magnifying glass) in the upper-right corner of the program. Search for Instagram and install the app.
3. Instagram will now appear on your BlueStacks dashboard. Log in to your Instagram account (or create a new account).
4. In your Instagram profile, go to Options and then “Camera Settings” and uncheck “Use Instagram’s Advanced Camera”.
5. You can also go to “Share Settings” and connect your social media accounts. (For example: if you want your pictures to go to your Facebook Fan Page)
6. Now go back to the BlueStacks dashboard by clicking the Home button at the bottom of the screen. Search for “File Expert” and install the app. Open the File Expert app and have it running in the background.
7. You will then place photos you want to upload to Instagram in the My Pictures folder on your desktop computer. Create a new folder inside My Pictures where you want to keep your photos to be uploaded to Instagram. (ex: title it “Instagram Photos”)
8. Now re-open Instagram in Bluestacks and you are ready to upload photos!
9. Upload a photo by choosing Source: “Photo Gallery”. It will then ask again to pick a Source and choose “File Expert”.
10. File Expert will then open. Click the tab “Folders”. If you don’t see this tab, add it by clicking the Plus button in the upper right corner.
11. Under the tab “Folders” choose SD Card > bstfolder > Pictures. Now you should see the folder you created “Instagram Photos”.
12. Click your folder and choose the photo you want to upload. Add filters, descriptions, tags and post!
You can add more photos to your “Instagram Photos” folder and then just repeat steps 8-12 to continue uploading photos to Instagram!
Here is a helpful link for BlueStacks updates: BlueStacks Help Forum https://getsatisfaction.com/bstk/topics