With all the apps coming out every day, there are many to choose from, but as we have all found out once or twice; phones have limited space. With the influx of new apps, it is all too easy to skip over and miss out on great apps that you never got around to checking out. Here are 5 lifestyle apps that will make your daily routine less stressful. Do yourself a favor and keep your smartphone smart.
1. Good Morning – Do you ever wake up and wonder what the day has in store for you? There is nothing worse than the stress of morning; figuring out what the weather is like, what you have to do that day, and how to prepare for these things before leaving the house, while hopefully not forgetting anything you need in the process. Phew!, Now with the Good Morning app, you can receive a spoken summary of all of this as you lie in bed for a couple more minutes. Good Morning is right! A must-have app for all of those not-quite-morning people.
2. Waze – Once you leave the house, there is the morning commute. Have you ever been stuck in a traffic jam and wish you had taken the slightly longer route a mile back to avoid it? Well, those days are over. Now with Waze, you can get up-to-the-minute information about traffic jams, speed traps, gas prices, road work and more. Utilizing information provided by other users, you can avoid all the common hassles of traveling and easily find the right Waze in all your future trips.
3. Mint – Personal finances a major source of stress in your life? Wish you didn’t have to sit down every month to make a budget and pay bills, or every night to make sure you’re on the right financial track? Just want all your accounts to be in one place? Now they are with Mint. The app that allows you to make a budget, track the budget, pay bills and simultaneously view all your accounts and cards. Talk about efficiency! Don’t keep wasting precious hours of your daily life tracking your money.
4. Trello – Projects; you either love them or hate them, but either way your job has them and the worst part about most projects is task management. With Trello, you can organize your tasks and progress all in one area with “cards” that break down each task into the steps and materials necessary to complete it. You can then place these cards into categories like “to do” and “doing.” Finally, you can use these cards to delegate tasks between team members, making everyone more accountable. This app is productivity and organization at its finest, sure to make those busy days at work much less stressful.
5. Reserve – After a long day of work, there is nothing better than a night out with friends, but don’t you wish a night out wasn’t so complicated? Between deciding on a place, making reservations and splitting the check, you spend more time talking about the dinner than you do eating it. With Reserve, you can do all of these things from the convenience of your smartphone. You tell Reserve what type of food you are in the mood for, and it will recommend locations, as well as help reserve a table if you decide that’s the place to go. Then when you’ve had a great meal and discovered your next favorite place to frequent, the app has a built-in check splitting system to make the end of the night as stress-free as the beginning.
Though it may not seem like it, you waste hours every day unnecessarily. By using these apps, you can significantly reduce this waste. Besides, when have more free time and less stress ever been bad things?